Touch the soul.

Blogger soldier Andrew Olmsted died on January 3rd, 2008. He was stationed in Iraq. I didn't know him, or even read his blog. But now I know he died.

His last post can be found on his website, here. Not often do I read a story that truly touches me. But this did. He wrote that post in case he died. Is that courage?

"I'm dead. That sucks, at least for me and my family and friends. But all the tears in the world aren't going to bring me back, so I would prefer that people remember the good things about me rather than mourning my loss."

They say that life is fleeting, but you can be immortalized by words. Writing something for your friends to read after you die... I can't think of anything that describes that better. Please read his last post, written in case of his death, here.

0 comments: